Georgia State and the Department of Athletics are committed to the safety of students, faculty and staff as the university welcomes back everyone this fall. In accordance with NCAA and Sun Belt Conference protocols along with guidance from the Governor’s Office and University System of Georgia, the Department of Athletics is finalizing a set of guidelines about the upcoming fall sports season.
- Following NCAA and Sun Belt Conference protocols, the university intends to play football and other fall sports (court volleyball, soccer, cross country, tennis, golf) in the fall.
- To create a safe venue for Georgia State football fans, the Georgia State Department of Athletics, following guidance from the University System of Georgia (USG), Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp's office, public health officials and the Sun Belt Conference, has announced a series of safety protocols that will be put in place for attending games at Center Parc Stadium this fall. Read the Center Parc Stadium Guidelines for 2020.
- Georgia State has worked closely with Ticketmaster to ensure seating arrangements follow social distancing and best practice recommendations. Using a checkerboard pattern, fans will be arranged in the stadium in a max block of eight seats together with no one in front or behind them. Rows that border the field or a walkway will also not be used to ensure safety for those in the stands or on the sidelines.
- The health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches, staff and fans is of the utmost importance to us. In accordance with policies established by the University System of Georgia, Georgia State will require the use of face masks by fans at all sport events. Fans will also see increased signage throughout Center Parc Stadium and its facilities, reminding individuals of the importance of social distancing, the use of face masks and hand sanitizer, along with directional signage to ease traffic patterns in and out of the stadium.
- Georgia State will welcome fans to the Sports Arena and Georgia State Soccer Complex once again this fall. As with Center Parc Stadium, the health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches, staff and fans are of the utmost importance to us. Fans will see increased signage at facilities, reminding individuals of the importance of social distancing, the use of face masks and hand sanitizer, along with directional signage to ease traffic patterns.